If you are interested in becoming a foster parent to make a difference in the life of a child, we believe you have what it takes to be successful. Many prospective parents contact our family recruitment team interested in becoming a parent but nervous of the negative stories they’ve heard about foster care.
At Aspiranet, we dedicate ourselves to making foster parenting “manageable” for our families.
While some people think there are many special qualifications to becoming an excellent foster parent, this is simply not the case. Foster parents don’t need to be rich or married or even own their own homes. The only “true” qualifications are having a huge heart, a good sense of humor, a patient nature and a genuine love of children and parenting.
Successful Aspiranet foster parents have the following qualities:
- Desire to love and care for a child in need
- Commitment to being a good parent and ability to maintain a consistent and lasting presence in a foster child’s life
- Open, realistic and non-judgmental outlook
- Ability to address challenges with patience, sense of humor and flexibility
- Foster parents can be from any ethnic background, marital status, religion, education level and may work full time or part time. You do not need to own your own home to be a foster parent.
If you have any questions or reservations about becoming a foster parent, please reach out to our recruitment team. They are here to help you make this decision and support you in taking your first steps.